Friday, October 16, 2009

Anis Lavender Chevre

So my mom HATES lavender in food. I mean, goes out of her way to pick things up at the grocery store and say, "look how gross this is. Lavender tea. Don't they know it's a smell?" So if you are in my (albeit wonderful) mother's boat, keep your paddles to yourself, because this cheese will make you vomit cheese-perfume.

For those of you who think the Lavender Cookbook was the greatest thing B&N has stocked since HP, this cheese delivers on it's label. I'm a little bummed with the lack of anise flavor coming through, and I think that's mostly because the lavender is such a bold flavor it kindof kicks anise in the face like an over dominant partner in an unstable relationship. Maybe you'll be able to taste it better, but I think that Rollingstone should have either upped the anti on the anise, or just left it out, because to my mouth, it's barely there.

Overall, on a scale of one to THE-BEST-CHEVRE-EVER I think this is a solid 4.93

ps: Whole foods spelled it "lavendAr." Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment